The Mayans set December 21, 2012 as the end of a 5,125 year calendar and others have interpreted that as the end of the world. But whether you are a Doomsday-er or not, the end of the year is in sight. What does that mean for us at the College Planning Group? Not much to weigh in on the end of the world part, but we have a lot to say for the end of 2012, the end of first semester, and a college planning year in review.
As we look back at the year, here are 10 popular articles from 2012 that you may have missed. We have an assortment from dorm life, to scholarships, college admission questions, and more:
1. 5 Twitter Chats that Help Parents Get Ready for College
2. How to Improve SAT Scores and Get into Your Dream School
3. 20 Hot Scholarships to Check Out
4. Community Service and College Admissions: How, When, and Why to Volunteer
5. Freshman Year College Roommates: 5 Reasons to Live With Someone You Don't Know
6. 16 Things You Can Share or Split with College Roommates
7. Letters of Recommendation for College: 3 Questions Answered
8. The Googler's Guide to Year-Round College Planning
9. 50 Questions to Ask a College Admissions Department
10. Top 10 Online Tools to Help You Pay for College
Thanks for reading the blog throughout 2012! Good luck with finals, have a happy holiday break, and a great new year.