|College Tours - Ask Questions!|
Whenever you choose to visit a college, here is our list of top 10 questions to ask on the college tour:
(1) What percentage of students live on campus?
(2) Do you and other students like the food in the dining hall?
(3) What does it take to graduate in four years?
(4) What is the average financial aid package like?
(5) Do a lot of students go abroad?
(6) When do you have to decide a major?
(7) How easy is it to change your major or concentration?
(8) How much time do students spend on homework per night?
(9) What is the professor to student ratio and how big are the classes?
(10) What types of jobs do students get after graduating?
Each of these questions can be altered to fit your situation. Overall, however, if you can make sure these ten questions are asked throughout the campus tour, you will start to get a good sense of the college academically, socially, and financially.
We urge you to come up with your own questions and share them on our Facebook wall. What have you asked on a campus tour that turned out to be a great question?
...and make sure you're on top of the College Planning Timeline!